Unexpected trip to Brazil - Part 1

I was playing commonwealth chess championship 2018 in Delhi from 26 June to 3 July 2018. Tournament was going very bad . I was playing both (open and U20 ) sections at that time . Schedule was to hectic to me as one round is at 9.30 morning and another was at 3.00 pm . I was already depressed as my schengen visa application already got rejected before start of commonwealth championship . I have to cancel my all flights and hotel , insurance which cost me 20000 INR 
On 4th day on commonwealth my teammate from all India university championship told me to call and talk with university director . Then I called to him and he said you have to play world university selection trials which was from 23rd to 25th July 2019.
after commonwealth championship get over I meet to director and he said you have to leave on 21st July . At that time they said there will be 2 selection in boys and 2 in girls for world university championship . 
From pune university there were 4 participants from boys group and on last day one person cancelled plan . on 21st we boarded train from Pune and reached bhuvaneswar on 22nd july .
tournament venue was KIIT university . after reaching there they provided us a room in which we 4 people was staying . they provided 3 meals in KIIT canteen .on 23rd morning they told that 4 players will be selected for world university championship. So I understand my chances are pretty high to select and this will be my biggest opportunity . In players there were 2 IMs . number of round was 5 
Team India


on 1st day I lost 1st round IM sai agni jeevtesh from telangana . In round 2 I won with local guy whose rating is around 1700 . on next day i.e round 3 I drew with IM sidhant mohopatra . round 4 I draw with player whose rating is around 1950 at that time . In final round my opponent was Ranveer Mohite and we agreed a quick draw .My selection was confirmed . then i was very much excited and I called to my mom and dad and told this news .Now the only matter in my mind was how much amount will university provide us (as expenses for world university was 2 lakh per person ) The story will continue in next part ......




thank you for reading  

https://bit.ly/3djSif7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 best chess movies that every chess player should watch

ways to earn money from chess

weekly news - 3 (21-March-2020)